Overview: See Gallery of Real World Measurements
Spectral Insight acquires and processes spectral data from scanning image spectrometers. It can also import spectral data from other sources for analysis and visualization. Image size, image resolution, spectral range, and spectral resolution are limited only by the scanning spectrometer.
Spectral Insight utilizes fast voxel processing to display thousands of high resolution spectral images as a movie from a single image scan in real-time or as a 3D volume. Each image in the movie sequence or 3D volume can be assigned a unique color palette associated with a wavelength or set of wavelengths. For example, wavelengths in the blue region can be given a blue scale pallet ranging from 0-255 while images in the infrared wavelength region are given a grey scale palette ranging from 0-255.
Within the 3D volume, virtual images are stacked in three different planes xy, xz, and yz and displayed as a movie. There is a full spectrum as a function of x and y position, a set of y-coordinates as a function of x-position and wavelength, and a full set of x-coordinates as a function of y-position and wavelength. Let’s say we have a spectrometer with 2048 wavebands and one thousand points have been scanned in the horizontal (x) and vertical (y) directions. This gives us 2048+1000+1000 or 4048 unique images to display and analyze for unique characteristics of each measurement sample. Each plane can be color coded differently to bring out important aspects of the measurement sample.
Each pixel, region, spectral image, and 3D volume can be analyzed for anomalies and/or compared with native or 3rd party spectral databases.
Partial Feature Summary:
- Spectrum data acquisition over user selectable areas and resolutions.
- Selectable wavelength ranges and bandwidths (instrument dependent).
- Each of several thousand spectral bands displayed as an image or all bands as a movie.
- Unique color palettes for ultra-violet, visible, and infrared wavelengths.
- Search for anomalies and/or spectral database matches.
- Analyze entire images, selectable regions, or individual pixels.
- Display volumetric, 3D Surface, 2D Image, 1D cross-section displays, and single pixel spectral data.
- Spectral normalization using industry standards such as Spectralon White or any desired spectrum data.
- Load non-native spectral data from other sources.
Customers may request new features added to the Spectra Insight Software.